Friday, July 13, 2012

Here I am in a time of big transition wanting to honor this movement by doing some writing about it.  I am preparing to leave this place of internal workings - this womb, cave, place within the earth.  There have been 8 years of processing, moving inward, doing deep inner work which has meant a lot of soul searching, doubting, wondering, discovering, and searching as I have wrestled with myself.  Art has been an incredible gift in this process.  I had a dream which spoke to me, "Follow the Art, Rite of Passage"....and I have done that.  I have engaged in art most days...doing my best to let go of the outcome/product and just enjoy the process.  This has been amazing to me.  During my times of doing art I have met many parts of myself that have come forth to speak ...It has often been a committee meeting where some members blatantly speak their opinions and some sit quietly afraid to speak.  I am grateful that I have found a committee member that is good at listening and facilitating; giving opportunity for all to share in an orderly manner and all being respected most of the time.
This has been an integrating experience...an experience of honoring those different committee members and providing a safe place for those who have been afraid to speak.              

And now its time to leave this space.  It has been an amazing process as I was able to witness myself come to a new place of being open to leaving and then actually embracing the idea and then offering a letter of request to the Universe, only to find our future home within a few days.  Several dreams later we were sure we had chosen just the right realtor and just the right house.  We place an offer on the house contingent on selling our house.  We worked hard for 2 weeks preparing the house with many people helping us get it ready. The realtor brought up the idea of painting over the flowers on the front of the house...and I told him I couldn't go there..I told him,"Those flowers are calling someone to this place."  Actually those flowers represent the voice of a very important committee member on my inner board.  It had taken a great deal of tender loving care to get her to speak and now that she had I needed to protect and honor her contribution.  Our realtor said, "I can respect that."..... I had written a letter of request that the buyers come soon and that we be in our new home before the next school year.  My Sophia Sisters and I had a wonderful burial ritual as we buried St Joseph upside down face east trusting our prayers would be quickly answered.  The house went on the market June 18th.  My husband and son left on June 19th for a week's vacation. I teased them as they left telling them I'd be showing the house and selling it before they came home. The next day I got a call from the realtor that there would be a showing at 3pm AND that there had been a non contingent offer on the house we'd placed our offer on.  We now had 72 hours to either a) buy the house outright, b) sell our house or c) let it go.  I hung up the phone and said, "Ok, I let go of the outcome here....if this is for the highest good of all involved please sell this house soon."  The showing went well and the couple was planning to make an offer soon.  The next day there was another showing and the couple was also interested but their financing wasn't going to work.  On June 20, the vigil of the Summer Solstice, I signed a purchase agreement (with my husband listening in on the phone).  One of the key factors was the inclusion of the canoe.  This canoe had been my husband's father's and it seemed that Dad wanted to let us know that he had a part in the deal as well. The closing date was preset to be July 31, our wedding anniversary.  There have been several events to add just enough tension to keep me in a place of practicing the art of letting go of the outcome.  As the deal has been agreed upon we move toward closing; dealing with water and septic tests, boundary markers, air quality, and drain fields.  We have gone through nearly every piece of property that we own as we prepare to move.  We have let go of so much "stuff" and have had opportunity to review the many memories of this space.  This is a holy time of transition as we prepare to be birthed into our new home 18 days from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment