Saturday, June 4, 2011

Magic Place of Play

I remember the freedom I felt as a child as I ran through the trees with my flowing chiffon robe following me. I had no cares but felt the joy of being able to move freely, swept up in singing, laughing, and dancing with my many fantastic friends in that magic place of play.


Over time the heaviness of life's burdens took a toll and the place of play became buried in the mire of everyday survival. I became such a good girl, doing the right things, being sooo good, smiling so nicely, worrying about whether I really was "good enough".  Wanting love and acceptance and thinking that I needed to somehow earn it by being what others wanted or needed me to be.


Fortunately the deep essence of who I am, that part of me I call my highest/truest self - that part of me that is connected to the Source of Life, the seed of Love, has continued to burrow through the soil of my life and is even now surfacing to bud, bloom, and bring forth the ripe fruit of love. 


Hurray! Hurray!  I can play again...I am remembering what I am here for - to play, create, and rest and inspire others to do the same....


I was introduced to Interplay a little over 2 years ago and I knew immediately it was a gift to me.  I have spent many years processing "my issues" and even came to an understanding of how "my issues" have played out (so to speak) in my body. And through my exerience of Interplay I am coming to a deeper insight into my own "Body Wisdom".  I am loving the freedom of movement, laughter, song, and story of Interplay and invite others to join me in this delightful magic of play.

No comments:

Post a Comment