Monday, June 13, 2011

The Night of the Big Little Finger

I had a great story to tell you about my Big Little finger...I'd written all the background so you'd get the whole feel of things leading up to this Big Little finger event...but because of the Big Little finger I unintentionally deleted the entire post.   Now in my frustration I will only tell you part of the story.
I was very tired last night and after dinner at 7:30 I thought I would just go to bed but decided it was too early and feared I'd wake at 3AM ready for the day.  I figured if I washed dishes that would wake me enough to wait to go to bed later (does that make sense?)  I was cleaning a glass when "bing" - I heard the snap of the glass, felt the searing pain, and saw the river of blood flowing from my then "Little finger".  I hollered, "Help! Is there a BoyScout in the house?"  (My 12 year old son had recently finished his first aid merit badge and my husband is an Eagle Scout!)...My husband was standing on a ladder about 12 feet in the air vacuuming the ceiling (a different story another time) and my son ran into the bathroom to get a box of band-aids.  My husband saw this as a perfect teaching time for my son and proceeded to explain step by step how to care for my "Little bleeding finger" as he wrapped layers of gauze and tape around it.  I took all this incident as a clear sign that I should just go lie down and go to sleep.  My now "Big Little finger" was throbbing like crazy.  The youngest BS in the house took it upon himself to entertain me with his latest phone apps trying to distract me from the pain.  He even began doing magic tricks until his father decided the ceiling job in the living room should take precidence over his entertainment responsibilities.  I fell asleep well before 9pm and at 12:30AM I was awakened and here I am 4 hours later trying to type with this ricidulous Big Little finger hitting random keys.  I think I'm ready for a nap!

1 comment: