Thursday, June 9, 2011

Incrementality

Incrementality is the art of taking many baby steps that result in a really big step....like eating a whale, one bite at a time....It is a way to break down a big project into smaller do-able steps.  I remember one of the first times that concept hit me....I was helping my 12 year old son deliver newspapers.  We started out with about 45 papers and it seemed like alot of papers....we moved quickly and delivered them one paper at a time and in less than an hour they were all delivered!  It helps me to remember this concept -to take a look at the bigger picture, then break it down into smaller steps and be intentionally present with the little step I am taking now....in time the whole task will be complete.

InterPlay is an incremental practice. Each step of Interplay involves relatively simple things. In time one finds they can do things they didn't think they could. 

No comments:

Post a Comment