Thursday, October 17, 2013

Re-Entry

This is the 3rd day back from a 6 day retreat away from my everyday busy life.  I vacillate between giving myself space to step back into the rhythm of daily living, pushing and shaming myself for being so slow to get back on the saddle, thinking that there might be a whole new rhythm I'm still finding, and being sure I'll never regain equilibrium. 

 I'm pretty sure my morning practices of deep breathing with mediation and yoga help me in the re-entry process.  Other tools that help are ensuring that I am hydrated and eating plenty of vegetables, fruits, and protein.  Spending some time with my dog and being outside is helpful too.


The tension of resisting what is, in fear that what will be will be uncomfortable takes a toll.... I'm deciding right now to let go of the illusion that I have to control my reality by either shaping it or resisting it.  I am choosing to accept this moment as it is.....until the next one arrives.....

No comments:

Post a Comment