Saturday, October 5, 2013

Stop and Notice

I find it amazing how life is speeding up these days....I find it important to  purposely stop and breathe and remind myself to BE in the moment...feel my toes, notice where tension abides in my body, am I breathing deeply or shallow?, notice some detail about something around me....all of this brings me back to the present moment.  I believe living in the present moment consciously changes my level of fear/anxiety/angst.  Of course, we are all living in the present moment, since there is no other moment but this one but the keyword here is consciously - with mindfulness - awakened....If I don't take this little stop break it is so easy to project into the future, feel pushed from one event to the next, feel frantic about no time for me, and become self-consumed.  I appreciate the internal reminders to stop and notice.
Thank you Interplay for your helpful, simple, and profound tools!

No comments:

Post a Comment