Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Return from the South

I just returned from the New Orleans.  I am experiencing geographical weather shock. When I left it was 85 degrees, sunny.  Everything was green and it felt like the sun is always shining - at least for the 5 days I was there.

 When I got into Minneapolis last night it was 47 degrees with blowing rain. This did not feel very welcoming.  The rain and wind have continued throughout the day today.  I wanted to sleep all day and escape the inevitable reality that winter is coming.  We have the heat on, people are wearing coats, and there is a subtle edge to everything as we begin to face the inevitable.

 I suppose the best way to accept this reality is to stop projecting into the future, right?  

I take a deep breath, wiggle my shoulders and come back to this moment, where I can be warm in front of the fireplace, wearing my hoodie, and feel sorry for those folks down south that never get to make a snowman!  

No comments:

Post a Comment